I answer my phone:
- You get to speak to a lawyer with over 40 years experience.
- I personally meet with you.
- If the Crown can prove that you committed a crime
- I do everything possible to keep you out of jail. My track record speaks for itself.
- If they can't I do everything possible to have the charge withdrawn rather than have a trial.
The way it works: We meet and I obtain from the Crown every piece of evidence they have.
Then we go through it together. I do not play any cards until I see their entire hand. I am known as a lawyer who defended the longest non charter trial ever so that the Crown knows that I will proceed to trial.
We have a right to expect the police to tell the truth Usually they do. I have successfully defended cases where the police were disbelieved and the client acquitted. I have no fear of defending against police lying. It should never be allowed